This year we are encouraging individual retailers to work together as well as co-operating with local media and their local council to promote the day and organise events and promotions.
If you run a shop and want to get involved in Shop Local Saturday here are some of the things you can do:
1. Talk to your neighbouring businesses and share ideas to make the most of the day so everyone benefits.
2. Get in touch with your local newspapers and radio stations and ask them to back the day.
3. Put up a poster in your shop (see downloads page)
4. Organise a special event for the day
5. Offer discounts and promotions for the day
1. Spread the word on twitter and facebook (use #ShopLocalSaturday)
2. Show your support by posting a photo on twitter or facebook of you holding our sign.
3. If you have a website, link to this one.